Thursday, December 3, 2015

Decision Day

Two days ago on December 1st was one of the best days of my life. The night before, I was unable to sleep. I kept tossing and turning throughout the entire night, thinking about how I probably messed up in some interviews and if I said the wrong thing or not. However, I knew I was completely honest with all my answers and I gave it my all. 

Turns out, that all paid off, because I got accepted to 7 schools! At around 7am, I heard my roommate talking outside and when I came out he was tearing up about how he got into dental school. Through his expression I could feel the intensity of his emotions that summed up all the hard work that was done to achieve his dream.

A couple minutes later, I checked my AADSAS mobile portal and I see that 3 decisions have been made with the phrase 'Offer Made'. Jumping with excitement, I was struck by the reality that I am now officially entering the dental profession and will become a doctor. Throughout the day I got several other phone calls, all from my top choice dental schools. 

I remember only two or three years ago I doubted whether I could raise my GPA to be competitive enough for dental schools. After modifying my studying techniques, time management, and most importantly my mindset, I was successful in raising my GPA and having a strong upward trend all the way until graduation. When I faced a time that I doubted myself, I would open this youtube video to watch and push me forward. 





I have always wanted to give as much as I could to my Pre-Dental Society at UCSC to help those who were very passionate about dentistry and the community to get into dental school. I truly believe those who have a good heart and will not give up on their dream are those who always reach their goals. It is only when you give up that you have failed. Now that I've been accepted I hope to continue to give back to the club and help in any way I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment